Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hammered Earrings - Ancient Copper Collection

WOW!!! I've been having sooooo much fun hammering throughout the night... I seem to clear out my studio of "all" living creatures when I start banging my heart out - I must say, it's a great way to get some "alone time"!


ABOUT COPPER JEWELRY
The use of Copper dates back to 10,000 years! Copper is humanity’s first metal and began showing up in the ancient jewelry of Sumeria, Pre Columbian America, and in Egypt around 4,000 B.C. (The ancient Egyptians used copper to destroy parasites).

Copper is a conductor of electricity and heat, so many believe in copper's power to heal the mind and body, based on these energy conducting properties.


Copper "one of the oldest metals used by humans" has played an important role in mythology, representing the Greek God Venus, protecting against evil and attracting love!!!
3 Rexes Jewelry website HERE 
ETSY Shop HERE  
   Question about this item HERE