Friday, June 6, 2008

Dick Turpin "THE SEXY HIGHWAYMAN" - Stand & Deliver!!!

Here is a quick tidbit of interest-
Are you familiar with this gentleman/robber? There is much debate about the true legend surrounding this man. Many stories have glorified & romanticized his crimes - So much so, that rich women would purposely find themselves in his path, waiting to be his next victim! Humm.... I can't blame them!

After he was executed, Dick Turpin's body was buried a number of times as people kept digging it up. Finally he was buried in quicklime across from St. George's Roman Catholic Church in York near Walmgate Bar. "I was in York a few years back & I can't believe I missed my chance to meet him. Well, maybe next time!"

Headstone Reads: JOHN PALMER otherwise RICHARD TURPIN The notorious highwayman and horse stealer EXECUTED at Tyburn APRIL 7th 1739 and buried in ST GEORGES CHURCHYARD
3 Rexes Jewelry website HERE 
ETSY Shop HERE  
   Question about this item HERE